Wright & Bonett (1997): study US 1996
- Wright, T.A.; Bonett, D.G.
- The Role of Pleasantness and Activation-Based Well-Being in Performance Prediction.
- Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 1997, Vol. 2, 212 - 219
- Criminal justice staff personnel; USA; followed 2 years, 199?
- Non-probability chunk sample
- N = 76
- Non Response:
Work performance rated by top-ranking supervisor.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 8 questions:
Here is a list that describes some of the ways people feel at different times. How often do you feel each of these ways?
A On top of the world
B Very lonely or remote from other people
C Particularly excited or interested in something
D Pleased about having accomplished something
F Depressed or very unhappy
G So restless that you could not sit long in a chair
H Vaguely uneasy about something without knowing why
PA = A+C+D (range 0-9)
NA = B+E+F+G+H (range 0-15)
ABS = PA-NA (range 1-7)
Name: Index of Psychological Wellbeing
- Author's label:
- Pleasantness well-being
- T1 M=3,40 SD=1,48 T2 M=3,52 SD=1,53
- Page in publication:
- Error estimates:
- Cronbach alpha: T1 = .69 T2 = .74
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
- 3.40 -
- 1.40 -
Later goal emphasis
Current employment arrangement