Wilkening & McGranahan (1978): study US Wisconsin 1974 /1
- Wilkening, E.A.; McGranahan, D.H.
- Correlates of Subjective Well-Being in Northern Wisconsin.
- Social Indicators Research, 1978, Vol. 5, 211 - 234
- 18+ aged, general public, NW Wisconsin-residents, USA, 1974
- N = 1423
- Non Response:
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question, asked twice in interview:
Considering everything, how satisfied are you with your life as a whole........?
7 completely satisfied
1 completely dissatisfied
Summation: both scores added
Possible range: 2 to 14
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- first question M=5.82 (possible range 1-7); Ms'=8.03
second question M=5.62 (possible range 1-7); Ms'=7.70
- Error estimates:
- Reliability: equivalence: r= +.56 Validity: