Wessman (1956): study NL 1948
- Wessman, A.E.
- A Psychological Inquiry into Satisfaction and Happiness.
- Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Princeton University, 1956, USA
- 18+ aged, general public, Netherlands, 1948
- Survey name:
- Gallup poll
- Probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 0
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question
In general, how happy would you say (that) you are ?
3 very happy
2 fairly happy
1 not very happy/ not at all happy
Originally 4 step scale, 'not at all' scores added to 'not very'
- Answers were scored on a 4 step scale, but in the report the options 'not very happy' and 'not at all happy' were combined. The full scores have not been traced back as yet. Computation of transformed mean and standarddeviation is therefore not possible.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 6%, 2: 44%, 3: 43% (total 93%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
- 2.40 -
- 0.61 -