Welsch (2002a): study ZZ 1990
- Welsch, H.
- Preferences over Prosperity and Pollution: Environmental Valuation based on Happiness Surveys.
- Kyklos, 2002, Vol. 55, 473 - 494
- Adults, general public, 54 nations, 1990s
- Mixed samples
- N = 75000
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, would you say you are.....?
4 very happy
3 quite happy
2 not very happy
1 not at all happy.
- Author's label:
- Median=2,806 Range=2,068-3,240
Responses to this type of question (1+4a) taken from World Database of Happiness. If data was available for more than 1 year, the year closest to 1995 was taken
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 4 On range 0-10
- 2.76 6.90
- 0.32 -
Specialization in nation