Tyssen et al. (2009): study NO 1993
- Tyssen, R.; Gude, T.; Hem, E.
- Lower Life Satisfaction in Physicians Compared with a General Population Sample: A 10-year Longitudinal, Nationwide Study of Course and Predictors.
- Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 2009, Vol. 44, 47 - 54
- Physicians followed 9 years after graduating, Norway, 1993-2002
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability chunk sample
- N = 631
- Non Response:
- Resp. 17% , 38% at 1 year, 33% at 4 years, 38 % at 9 years.
Sent after graduating, one year after, 4 years after and 9 years after.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Considering your life at the moment, would you say that you are by and large satisfied with life or are you mostly dissatisfied
7 very much satisfied
6 very satisfied
5 quite satisfied
3 quite dissatisfied
2 very dissatisfied
1 very much dissatisfied
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction level
- As assessed at T3 and T4 (4 and 9 years after graduation)
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
- 5.20 -
- - -
History of current occupation