TerBogt et al. (2003): study NL 2001
- TerBogt, T.; VanDorsselaer, S.; Vollebergh, W.A.
- Psychische Gezondheid, Risicogedrag en Welbevinden van Nederlandse Scholieren. ( Psychlogical Health, Risk Behavior and Well-Being of Dutch Adolescents).
- Research Report Trimbos Institute, University of Utrecht, 2003, Utrecht, Netherlands
- 11-15 aged schoolchildren, the Netherlands, 2001
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 7556
- Non Response:
Questionnaire completed in class In addition to the HBSC questionnaire, the Youth self report was added: a list to register problem behaviour among children. In the version of the primary schools no questions were asked about sexuality and use of cannabis. An instruction was added for the teacher and an absence list.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is a picture of a ladder. Suppose we say that the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you and the bottom represents the worst possible life for you. Where on the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
[ 10 ] best possible life
[ 9 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 6 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ] worst possible life
Preceded by 1) open questions about what the respondent imagines as the best possible life and the worst possible life. 2) ratings on the ladder of one's life five years ago and where on the ladder one expects to stand five years from now.
Name: Cantril's self anchoring ladder rating of life (original)
- Author's label:
- Welbevinden (Well-being)
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0.3%, 2: 0.2%, 3: 0.4%, 4: 0.8%, 5: 1.2%, 6: 3.1%, 7: 5.7%, 8: 16.3%, 9: 27.7%, 10: 24.5%, 11: 19.9% (total 100.1%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 8.12 8.12
- 1.59 1.59
Evaluation of aspects of self