Storandt et al. (1975): study US 1970
- Storandt, M.; Botwinick, J.; Wittels, I.
- Predictors of a Dimension of Well-Being in Relocated Healthy Aged.
- Journal of Gerontology, 1975, Vol. 30, 97 - 102
- 60+ aged, followed 15 months after move, USA, 197?
- N = 122
- Non Response:
- 50%; 47% unattainable, 3% incomplete
at home and ratings by 2 psychologists
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question :
"Some people seem to be quite happy and satisfied with their lives, while others seem quite unhappy and dissatisfied. Now look at this ladder (again). Suppose that a person who is entirely satisfied with his life would be at the top of the ladder and a person who is extremely dissatisfied with his life would be at the bottom of the ladder. Where would you put yourself on the ladder at the present stage of your life in terms of how satisfied or dissatisfied you are with your personal life?"
[ 10 ] entirely satisfied
[ 9 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 6 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ] entirely dissatisfied
Name Cantril ladder rating (modified version)
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction