Stolar et al. (1992): study CA Vancouver, British Columbia 1987
- Stolar, G.E.; Hill, P.; McEntee, M.I.
- Seniors' Assessment of their Health and Life Satisfaction: The Case for Contextual Evaluation.
- International Journal Aging and Human Development, 1992, Vol. 35, 305 - 317.
- Community dwelling seniors, Vancouver, Canada, 1987-88
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 520
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on open questions coded afterwards by the interviewer
What about your life now?
3 very satisfactory
2 average satisfaction
1 not satisfactory
Preceded by conversation on how life had been overall and followed by view on the future
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Mean computed by WDH-team
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 5.3%, 2: 45.1%, 3: 49.6% (total 100%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
Current mental complaints
Urinary tract (c64-68)
Diseases of digestive system (k00-93)
Hypertensive diseases (i10-15)