Stewart (1976): study CA Ontario 1971
- Stewart, R.A.
- Satisfaction in Stages of the Life Cycle, Levels of General Happiness and Frequency of Peak Experience.
- Social Behavior and Personality, 1976, Vol. 4, 105 - 108
- Students, Canada, 197?
- Survey name
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 48
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
How satisfying is your life overall?
1 very unsatisfying
2 somewhat unsatisfying
4 somewhat satisfying
5 very satisfying
Preceded by the question: "Different stages of life may be viewed as more satisfying (happier) than others. How satisfying do you think the following stages have been (or will be) for you?
- early childhood
- middle childhood
- later childhood
- early adulthood
- later adulthood
- old age
Please also include overall how satisfying your life is. Check one box for each stage, as well as the 'overall' rating
- Author's label:
- Overal rating of satisfaction
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 2%, 2: 8%, 3: 24%, 4: 37%, 5: 29% (total 100%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 5 On range 0-10
- 3.83 6.78
- 1.00 1.97