Steverink & Lindenberg (2006): study NL 2001
- Steverink, N.; Lindenberg, S.
- Which Social Needs are Important for Subjective Well-Being? What Happens to Them with Aging?
- Psychology and Aging, 2006, Vol. 21, 281 - 290
- 65+aged, Netherlands, 2001
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Probability simple random sample
- N = 3000
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: paper
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 20 questions.
This scale consists of a number of words that describe different feelings and emotions. Read each item and mark the appropriate answer in the space next to that word. Indicate to what extend you felt this way during the past few weeks?
1 very slightly or not at all
2 a little
4 quite a bit
Negative affect score (NAS): A to J
Positive affect score (PAS): K to T
Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS - NAS
Name: Watson et al's PANAS ('past few weeks' version)
- Author's label:
- Affect Balance computed by WDH team, subtracting average Negative Affect (12.6) from average Positive Affect (23.2)
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -40 - 40 On range 0-10