Stevenson & Wolfers (2008): study ZZ World samples 2006
- Stevenson, B.; Wolfers, J.
- Economic Growth and Subjective Well-being: Reassessing the Easterlin Paradox.
- Brooking Papers on Economic Activity, 2008, Washington DC, USA
- Adults, general public, 131 nations, 2006
- Survey name
- Probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 131000
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Page in publication:
- table 1