Staats et al. (1995a): study US 1989
- Staats, S.; Colbert, B.; Partlo, C.
- Uplifts, Hassles, and Quality of Life in Older Workers.
- Sirgy, M.J.;Samli, A.C.;Eds.: "New Dimensions in Marketing Quality-of-Life Research", Quorum, 1995, Westport, USA, 117 - 135
- 50+aged full time employees, USA, 1989
- Survey name
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability accidental sample
- N = 160
- Non Response
Face to face interview at first session, followed by questionnaires send home at each of the next four sessions with instructions to complete in the evening 1 or 2 days before the next scheduled interview
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
"Here you have ladder of nine rungs representing different conditions of life in which a person may possibly be. The top of the ladder '9' represents the best possible condition one may think of, and the bottom '1'represents the worst possible condition. On which rung do you think you stand with regard to your personal condition?"
9 best possible
1 worst possible
This question was followed by questions on the past (five years ago) and the future (five years from now).
Name: Cantril ladder rating (adjusted version)
- Author's label:
- Quality of Life Present
- Page in publication:
- 121, 123
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 9 On range 0-10
- 7.04 7.55
- 1.28 1.60
Strain at work