Smucker Barnwell et al. (2006): study ZZ Anglo-America 2001
- Smucker Barnwell, S.; Earleywine, M.; Wilcox, R.
- Cannabis, Motivation, and Life Satisfaction in an Internet Sample.
- Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention and Policy, 2006, Vol.1, 1 - 9
- 18+ aged, cannabis users and non-users, USA and Canada, 200?
- Non-probability snowball sample
- N = 487
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: web
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on four questions:
Using the 1-7 scale below, indicate your agreement with each of the items by placing the appropriate number on the line preceding that item. Please be open and honest in your responding.
A In most ways my life is close to ideal
B The conditions of my life are excellent
C I am satisfied with my life
D So far, I have gotten the important things I want in life
7 strongly agree
5 slightly agree
4 neither agree nor disagree
3 slightly disagree
1 strongly disagree
Name: Shortened Diener's Satisfaction with Life Scale (SWLS)
(In the original scale item 5 reads: 'If I could live my life over, I would change nothing'. This item is left out in this selection because a positive answer to this question does not necessarily mean that the respondent doesn't like the life he/she actually lives.)
- Author's label:
- Subjective well-being
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 4 - 28 On range 0-10
- 5.23 -
- 1.23 -