Smith (1979): study US 1963 /1
- Smith, T.W.
- Happiness: Time Trends, Seasonal Variations, Intersurvey Differences, and Other Mysteries.
- Social Psychology Quarterly, 1979, Vol. 42, 18 - 30
- Adults, age range not reported, general public, United States, 1963
- Survey name:
- N = 1555
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
In general, how happy would you say you are ?
3 very happy
2 fairly happy
1 not happy
- Table 3 refers to this item as A6 but it is item A7. In the appendix the question wordings A6 and A7 are reversed (personal communication Tom Smith 12-10-2001)
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 4.4%, 2: 48.4%, 3: 47.2% (total 100%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
- 2.43 7.65
- 0.58 1.73