Slag (2017): study KR 2006
- Slag, M.R.A
- The Easterlin Paradox or Easterlin Illusion: Some Empirical Tests.
- MSc Thesis, 2017, School of Economics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 18+ aged general public, South Korea, 2006-2015
- Survey name:
- INT-Gallup World Poll combined waves
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 10000
- Non Response:
- Interview: telephone (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.64 5.64
- - -