Simmons et al. (1973): study US 1968
- Simmons, R.G.; Rosenberg, F.; Rosenberg, M.
- Disturbance in the Self-Image at Adolescence.
- American Sociological Review, 1973, Vol. 38, 553 - 568
- Public school pupils age 8-18, Baltimore, USA, 1968
- N = 1988
- Non Response:
Pupils interviewed after school
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 6 questions:
A On the whole, how happy would you say you are?
B On the whole, I think I am a quite happy person.
C In general, how would you say you feel most of the time -in
good or in low spirits?
D I get a lot of fun out of life.
E I wish I could be as happy as others seem to be.
F How often do you feel downcast and rejected?
Response options: not reported
The items of this scale were randomly distributed in the questionnaire.
Name: Rosen 'Depressive Affect Scale'
- Author's label:
- Depressive Affect
- Error estimates:
- Guttman scale reproducebility 92.2% Guttman scale scalability 69.5%