Shmotkin (1992): study IL 1984
- Shmotkin, D.
- The Apprehensive Respondent: Failing to Rate Future Life Satisfaction in Older Adults.
- Psychology and Aging, 1992, Vol. 7, 484 - 486
- 16+ aged, general public, Israel, 1984
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 1244
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
"Here you have ladder of nine rungs representing different conditions of life in which a person may possibly be. The top of the ladder '9' represents the best possible condition one may think of, and the bottom '1'represents the worst possible condition. On which rung do you think you stand with regard to your personal condition?"
9 best possible
1 worst possible
This question was followed by questions on the past (five years ago) and the future (five years from now).
Name: Cantril ladder rating (adjusted version)
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 9 On range 0-10
- 6.24 -
- - -