Sheldon & Lyubomirsky (2006a): study US 2001 /1
- Sheldon, K.M.; Lyubomirsky, S.
- Achieving Sustainable Gains in Happiness: Change Your Actions not Your Circumstances.
- Journal of Happiness Studies, 2006, Vol.7, 55 - 86
- Psychology students, USA, followed 12 weeks, 200?
- Non-probability chunk sample
- N = 204
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: paper
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 25 questions
A 20-item PANAS
To what extend do you feel this way right now in your life?
B 5-item Satisfaction with Life Scale (Diener)
Ba In most ways my life is close to ideal
Bb The conditions of my life are excellent
Bc I am satisfied with my life
Bd So far, I have gotten the important things I want in life
Be If I could live my life over, I would change nothing
1 not at all
2 a little
4 quite a bit
5 very much
Computation: (Aa +..Ak) - (Al+.. At) + (Ba+ …Be)
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 5 On range 0-10