Sheldon et al. (2013): study US Missouri 2011
- Sheldon, K.M.; Boehm, J.K.; Lyubomirsky, S.
- Variety is the Spice of Happiness: The Hedonic Adaptation Prevention Model.
- David, S. A.; Boniwell, I.; Ayers, A. C.; Eds: "The Oxford Handbook of Happiness", Oxford University Press, 2013, Oxford, UK, 901 - 914
- Students actively participating in happiness training, USA, 201?
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability self-selected
- N = 79
- Non Response:
Instructions and first assessment in laboratary, follow-up questionnaire online
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 20 questions.
This scale consists of a number of words that describe different feelings and emotions. Read each item and mark the appropriate answer in the space next to that word. Indicate to what extend you felt this way during the past week?:
1 very slightly or not at all
2 a little
4 quite a bit
Negative affect score (NAS): (A to J)/10
Positive affect score (PAS): (K to T)/10
Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS - NAS
Name: Watson et al's PANAS ('past week' version)
- Author's label:
- Affect Balance
- Baseline score, both intervention groups combined. Scale range -4 to +4
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -4 - 4 On range 0-10
Actual changes in happiness
Succes of psychological treatment
Multiple treatment moments