Sheldon & Elliot (1999): study US 1994 /1
- Sheldon, K.M.; Elliot, A.J.
- Goal Striving, Need Satisfaction, and Longitudinal Well-Being: The Self-Concordance Model.
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1999, Vol. 76, 482 - 497
- 18+ aged, students USA, followed 3 months,199?
- Non-probability chunk sample
- N = 152
- Non Response:
T1 + T5: in-class questionnaires T2 - T4: questionnaires within lab sessions
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 25 questions
A Selfreport on life satisfaction on five questions
a In most ways my life is close to ideal
b The conditions of my life are excellent
c I am satisfied with my life
d So far, I have gotten the important things I want in life
e If I could live my life over, I would change nothing
Answers rated: 7 strongly agree ...1 strongly disagree
(Diener's Satisfaction With Life Scale, SWLS)
B Selfreport on mood on 20 questions
How much of each mood did you experience in the last month?
1 not at all
7 very frequently
(Watson's Positive And Negative Affect Scale PANAS)
Positive affect score PAS: k to t
Negative affect score NAS: a to j
Summation: (z-score A) + (z-score B:PAS) - (z-score B:NAS)