Schulz et al. (1997): study AT 1992
- Schulz, W.; Hametner, K.; Wroblewski, A.
- Thema Kunst: Zur sozialen und ökonomischen Lage der bildenden Künstler und Künstlerinnen in Österreich. (Socio-Economic Situation of Artists in Austria).
- Falter Verlag, 1997, Vienna, Austria
- Artists, Austria, 199?
- Non-probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 1812
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 3 questions:
A When you consider your present life as-a-whole, would you say you are....?
5 very happy
4 fairly happy
3 rather happy than unhappy
2 rather unhappy than happy
1 very unhappy
B When you consider your present life as-a-whole, would you say you are.....?
5 very satisfied
4 fairly satisfied
3 rather satisfied than dissatisfied
2 rather dissatisfied than satisfied
1 fairly dissatisfied
C How do you feel right now? Is your well-being.....?
5 very high
2 rather low
1 very low
Summation: The summed scores were divided in three strata: low, medium and high quality of life
- Error estimates:
- Reliability: Equivalence:Cronbach Alpha=.85
- Full text:
Self report on six questions:
The following questions are about feelings you may have had or not recently.
Please indicate when you experienced these feelings for the last time.
A Carefree moments
B Feelings of independence and freedom
C Moments I enjoyed life
D The feeling I missed happiness in my life
E The feeling I must always give in to reach something
F Feelings of uselessness and monotony
5 the last two weeks
4 the last months
3 during the last half year
Range: 0 - 24
Kind of occupation (profession)