Schroevers et al. (2006): study NL 1998
- Schroevers, M.J.; Ranchor, A.V.; Sanderman, R.
- Adjustment to Cancer in the 8 Years following Diagnosis: A Longitudinal Study comparing Cancer Survivors with Healthy Individuals.
- Social Science & Medicine, 2006, Vol. 63, 598 - 610
- Cancer patients and controls, the Netherlands, 8 years after diagnosis, 1998 -?
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 206
- Non Response:
paper-and-pencil questionnaire and interview
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on four questions:
Using the 1-7 scale below, indicate your agreement with each of the items by placing the appropriate number on the line preceding that item. Please be open and honest in your responding.
A In most ways my life is close to ideal
B The conditions of my life are excellent
C I am satisfied with my life
D So far, I have gotten the important things I want in life
7 strongly agree
5 slightly agree
4 neither agree nor disagree
3 slightly disagree
1 strongly disagree
Name: Shortened Diener's Satisfaction with Life Scale (SWLS)
(In the original scale item 5 reads: 'If I could live my life over, I would change nothing'. This item is left out in this selection because a positive answer to this question does not necessarily mean that the respondent doesn't like the life he/she actually lives.)