Schnitzlein & Wunder (2014): study DE 1984
- Schnitzlein, D.D.; Wunder, C.
- Are we architects of our own happiness? The Importance of Family Background for Well-being.
- Soep Paper, 2014, No. 700, Bonn, Germany
- 12+ aged, siblings, West Germany, followed 26 years,1984-2010,
- Survey name:
- DE-SOEP 1984-2009
- Probability area sample
- N = 7398
- Non Response:
- Multiple asesment methods
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
Happiness of siblings