Schimmack & Lucas (2007): study XZ Germany West 1984
- Schimmack, U.; Lucas, R.E.
- Marriage Matters, Spousal Similarity in Life Satisfaction.
- Schmollers Jahrbuch, 2007, Vol. 1, 1 - 7
- Couples, followed 21 years, West-Germany 1984-2004
- Survey name:
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 1728
- Non Response:
Yearly, with both spouses separately
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
Current happiness of others
Earlier happiness of others