Scherpenzeel (1995): study DE West Germany 1990
- Scherpenzeel, A.C.
- A Question of Quality: Evaluating Survey Questions by Multi Trait - Multi Method Studies.
- Doctoral Dissertation, Royal PTT, KPN Research, 1995, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 16+ aged, general public,West-Germany, Germany, 1990
- Survey name
- DE-SOEP 1990
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 7005
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- 18+ aged respondents who participated from start in 1984
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 7.31 7.31
- 1.78 1.78