Scales & Scase (2001): study GB 2001
- Scales, J.; Scase, R.
- Fit and Fifty? Britain Towards 2010.
- Report, Foresight Programme's Leisure and Earning, 2001, UK
- 50-59 aged, Britain, 2001
- Survey name:
- UK-BHPS 2001
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 5500
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question;
How satisfied are you with your life overall?
7 completely satisfied
6 mostly satisfied
5 somewhat satisfied
4 neither satisfied nor dissatisfied
3 somewhat dissatisfied
2 mostly dissatisfied
1 completely dissatisfied
- Author's label:
- Satisfaction with life overall
- The scale was 7 point originally. It was reduced to 3 point.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution:
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
Out of workforce
Type of income