Sakawa et al. (2015): study JP Kinki 2006
- Sakawa, H.; Ohtake, F.; Tsutsui, Y.
- Activity, Time, and Subjective Happiness: An Analysis Based on an Hourly Web Survey.
- The Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, Discussion Paper, 2015, No. 926, 1- 38
- Students, Osaka, Japan, followed 14 months, 2006-2008
- Non-probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 70
- Non Response:
Respondents were asked to fill out a daily survey and and an hourly survey: - Daily survey: During a month respondents were asked to report every day their happiness and evaluation of personal and macro news (how good or bad they are) Arriving on that day. - Hourly survey: Respondents were asked to choose one day every month on which to report their happiness and what they were doing just before reporting, once during every hour that day.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
self report on repeated question
How happy do you feel now?
10 very happy
0 very unhappy
- Author's label:
- 8536 answers for the hourly survey.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10