Saad (2004): study US 2001 /1
- Saad, L.
- A Nation of Happy People. Most Happy and Satisfied with Their Lives.
- Gallup Poll News Services, 5 January 2004, Gallup Organization, Washington DC, USA
- 18+ aged, general public, United States, 2001
- Survey name:
- Gallup poll
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 1000
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
In general, are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way things are going in your own personal life?
- Yearly average of several surveys
- Observed distribution
- 1: 14%, 2: 85% (total 99%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
- 1.86 7.71
- 0.35 1.95