print

Studies

Saad (2004): study US 1988 /1

Publication

Author(s):
Saad, L.
Title:
A Nation of Happy People. Most Happy and Satisfied with Their Lives.
Source:
Gallup Poll News Services, 5 January 2004, Gallup Organization, Washington DC, USA

Investigation

Public:
16+ aged, general public, United States, 1988
Survey name:
Gallup poll
Sample:
Respondents:
N = 1000
Non Response:
1
Assessment:
Interview: face-to-face

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

In general, are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way things are going in your own personal life?
1  dissatisfied
2  satisfied
Classification:
O-SLP-g-sq-v-2-b
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 12%,   2: 87%   (total 99%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.88 7.82
SD:
0.33 1.83