print

Studies

Saad (2002): study US 1990

Publication

Author(s):
Saad, L.
Title:
Optimism about Nation's Future Up Sharply from Last Year. Evaluations of Personal Life Remain Highly Positive.
Source:
Gallup Poll News Services, 28 January 2002,The Gallup Poll Organization, Washington DC, USA

Investigation

Public:
16+ aged, general public, United States, 1990
Survey name:
Gallup poll
Sample:
Probability multi-stage random
Respondents:
N = 1000
Non Response:
1
Assessment:
Interview: face-to-face

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

In general, are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way things are going in your own personal life?
1  dissatisfied
2  satisfied
Classification:
O-SLP-g-sq-v-2-b
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 16%,   2: 83%   (total 99%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.84 7.59
SD:
0.37 2.06