Ryman et al. (1974): study US 1970
- Ryman, D.H.; Biersner, R.J.; LaRocco, J.M.
- Reliabilities and Validities of the Mood Questionnaire.
- Psychological Reports, 1974, Vol. 35, 479 - 484
- Navy recruits, USA, 1971
- Non-probability chunk sample
- N = 1140
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 7 questions:
Below is a list of words describing moods and feelings. Indicate how each of these words applies to how you feel now.
Rating options (same for all items):
1 not at all
2 somewhat or slightly
3 mostly or generally
Name: Happiness subscale of Ryman et al (1974) Mood Questionnaire (MQ)
- Author's label:
- Mood questionaire
- Questionaire is repeated 4 times. Reliability is .80 in test period 1 and .84 in test period 4.
Test period 1: M=12.2 (SD=3.0); test period 2: M=11.9 (SD=3.0); test period 3: M=12.8 (SD=3.1); test period 4: M=13.8 (SD=2.9).
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 7 - 21 On range 0-10
- 12.70 -
- - -