Rosenfield (1997): study US 1988
- Rosenfield, S.
- Labelling Mental Illness: The Effects of Received Services and Percieved Stigma on Life Satisfaction.
- American Sociological Review, 1997, Vol. 62, 660 - 672
- 20-70 Chronic mental patients, USA, 1989,
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 157
- Non Response:
By clinical psychologists and psychiatric nurses.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question, asked twice in interview:
How do you feel about your life as a whole......?
5 mostly satisfied
3 mostly dissatisfied
Summation: arithmetic mean
Name: Andrews & Withey's "Delighted-Terrible Scale" (original version)
Also known as Lehman's 'Global life satisfaction'
- Author's label:
- Overall Subjective Quality of Lfe
- Page in publication:
- Error estimates:
- Alpha=+ .85
Current social support received
Current medical consumption
Being in treatment for mental disorder (vs not)