Rohe & Stegman (1994): study US Baltimore, Maryland 1992
- Rohe, W.M.; Stegman, M.
- The Effects of Homeownership: on the Self-Esteem, Perceived Control and Life Satisfaction of Low-Income People.
- Journal of the American Planning Association,1994, Vol. 60, 173 - 184
- Home buyers and controls, Baltimore, USA, followed 18 months 1992-93
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 283
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Please tell me how satisfied or dissatisfied you are with various aspects of your life at the present time... Are you with your life as a whole...?"
5 very satisfied
4 somewhat satisfied
3 about evenly satisfied and dissatisfied
2 somewhat dissatisfied
1 very dissatisfied
Question preceded by items on satisfaction with aspects of life.
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 5 On range 0-10
- 4.02 -
- - -
Change in possessions
Change from rent to owner