Ritter et al. (1999): study US 1998
- Ritter, M.A.; Austrom, M. G.; Zhou, H.
- Current Concepts Review: Retirement from Orthopaedic Surgery.
- The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 1999, Vol. 81, 414 - 418
- Retired orthopaedic surgeons, United States, 1998
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 1293
- Non Response:
The Academy sent out the Questionnaires
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking everything into account about what has happened in ther last year and what you expect in the near future, how do you feel about your life in general?
5 mostly satisfied
4 equally satisfied as dissatisfied
3 mostly dissatisfied
- no feelings at all
- never thought about it
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- 1+2+3: 4%, 4: 6%, 5: 24%, 6: 34%, 7: 32%.
- Page in publication:
Change in leisure activity-level