Renne (1974): study US Alameda County, California 1965
- Renne, K.S.
- Measurement of Social Health in a General Population Survey.
- Social Science Research, 1974, Vol. 3, 25 - 44
- 20+ aged, general public, Alameda County, California, USA, 1965
- N = 6928
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
administered at home
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 7 questions:
"Here is a list that describes how people feel at different times.
How often do you feel each of these ways?
items not reported.
- Positive Affect Score (PAS): sum 3 positive item
- Negative Affect Score (NAS): sum 4 negative items
- Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS - NAS
Name: Bradburn's Affect Balance Scale (modified version)
- Author's label: