Rahtz et al. (1988): study US 1983
- Rahtz, D.R.; Meadow, H.L.; Sirgy, M.J.
- Elderly Life Satisfaction and Telvision Viewership: Replication and Extension.
- Shapiro, S.;Ed.: "AMA Winter Educators' Conference", American Marketing Association, 1988, USA, 409 - 413
- 60+ aged, mid-Atlantic region, USA, 198?
- Probability systematic sample
- N = 752
- Non Response:
- 84 %
- Questionnaire: paper
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question, asked twice in interview:
How do you feel about your life as a whole......?
5 mostly satisfied
3 mostly dissatisfied
Summation: arithmetic mean
Name: Andrews & Withey's "Delighted-Terrible Scale" (original version)
Also known as Lehman's 'Global life satisfaction'
- Author's label:
- Life dissatisfaction
- Page in publication:
- Error estimates:
- repeat reliability : r =+ .84.