Plagnol & Easterlin (2006): study XZ Germany West 1984
- Plagnol, A.C.; Easterlin, R.A.
- Happily ever After? Cohabitation, Marriage, Divorce, and Happiness in Germany.
- Population and Development Review, 2006, Vol. 32, 511 - 528
- First married, followed 7 years, Germany, 1984-2004
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 1582
- Non Response
Yearly over 6 years
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
Recent entering of marriage