Pinhey et al. (1997): study US Guam 1991
- Pinhey, T.K.; Colfax, R.S.; Rubinstein, D.H.
- Overweight and Happiness: The Reflected Self-Appraisal Hypothesis Reconstructed.
- Social Science Quarterly, 1997, Vol. 78, 747 - 755.
- 18+ aged, general public, Guam, USA, 1991
- Survey name
- Probability systematic sample
- N = 398
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
During the past 4 weeks….. Have you been a happy person?
6 all of the time
5 most of the time
4 a good bit of the time
3 some of the time
2 a little of the time
1 none of the time
Item MH5 in SF-36 (Medical Outcome Study 36 item Short Form)
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 6 On range 0-10
- 3.96 -
- 1.16 -