Pfeifer (2013): study DE 2003
- Pfeifer, C.
- Life Satisfaction and the Consumption Values of Partners and Friends: Empirical Evidence from German Panel Survey Data.
- Economics Bulletin, 2013, Vol. 33, 3131 - 3142
- 16+ aged general public, Germany, followed 5 years, 2003-2008
- Survey name:
- DE-SOEP combined waves
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 9972
- Non Response:
- Interview: telephone (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 7.00 7.00
- 1.71 1.71
Level of school-education