Pfaff & Hirata (2013): study GB 1996
- Pfaff, T.; Hirata, J.
- Testing the Easterlin Hypothesis with Panel Data: The Dynamic Relationship between Life Satisfaction and Economic Growth in Germany and in the UK.
- ZWb Econstor Conference Paper, Münster, Germany
- 18+ aged general public, United Kingdom, followed 12 years,1996-2008
- Survey name:
- UK-BHPS 1996-2008
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 125095
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
How dissatisfied or satisfied are you with your life as a whole?
1 not satisfied at all
7 completely satisfied
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
- 5.22 7.03
- 1.27 2.12
Economic growth/decline in region