Ott (2010): study ZZ 2006
- Ott, J.C.
- Good Governance and Happiness in Nations: Technical Quality Precedes Democracy and Quality Beats Size.
- Journal of Happiness Studies, 2010, Vol. 11, 353 - 368
- 15+ aged, general public, Multiple nations, 2006
- Survey name:
- INT-GallupWorldPoll 2006-2011
- Probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 127000
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Page in publication:
Political democracy in nation
Political violence in nation
Social security in nation
Public goods in nation
State control of economy in nation
Government consumption in nation