Oosterhof (2008): study NL 2005
- Oosterhof, S.F.
- Maakt Vrije Tijd Gelukkig? De Invloed van Vrije Tijd op Geluksbeleving van Nederlanders. (Does Leisure Time make You Happy? The Influence of Leisure Time on the Happiness Experience of the Dutch).
- Master Thesis, Faculty Social Sciences, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 2008, Netherlands
- 12+ aged, general public, The Netherlands, 2005
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 2204
- Non Response:
And content analysis of diaries.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question
To what extent do you consider yourself a happy person....?
5 very happy
3 neither happy nor unhappy
2 not very happy
- Observed distribution
- 1: 8.5%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 67%, 5: 24.5% (total 100%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 5 On range 0-10
- 3.99 7.20
- 1.00 1.68
Married state (compared to non-married states)
Children in the household
Current status: retired or not
Involved in schooling or not
Current leisure time
Time on internet
Time spend on internet