Oishi & Diener (2014): study ZZ 2007
- Oishi, S.; Diener, E.
- Residents of Poor Nations Have a Greater Sense of Meaning in Life than Residents of Wealthy Nations.
- Psychological Science, 2014, Vol. 25, 422 - 430
- 15+ aged general public,132 nations, 2007
- Survey name:
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 141738
- Non Response:
- Multiple assesment methods
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- life satisfaction
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.52 -
- 1.12 -