Noll (1993): study DE East Germany 1990
- Noll, H.H.
- Lebensbedingungen in der EG gleichen sich nur langsam an. (Slow Leveling of Living Conditions in the EC).
- ISI Bulletin, 1993, nr. 9, 11 - 15
- 18+ aged age range not reported, general public, East-Germany, Germany, 1990
- Survey name:
- DE-Allensbacher Survey
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 0
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 10 questions:
During the past few weeks, did you ever feel ....? (yes/no)
A Particularly excited or interested in something?
B So restless that you couldn't sit long in a chair?
C Proud because someone complimented you on something
you had done?
D Very lonely or remote from other people?
E Pleased about having accomplished something?
G On top of the world?
H Depressed or very unhappy?
I That things were going your way?
J Upset because someone criticized you?
Answer options and scoring:
yes = 1
no = 0
-Positive Affect Score (PAS): A+C+E+G+I
-Negative Affect Score (NAS): B+D+F+H+J
-Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS minus NAS
Possible range: -5 to +5
Name: Bradburn's 'Affect Balance Scale' (standard version)
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -5 - 5 On range 0-10
- 0.94 5.94
- - -