NIPO (1949): study NO 1948
- Wat de Mensen Gelukkig Maakt. (The Things that Contribute to Happiness).
- De Publieke Opinie, 1949, Vol. 3, 3 - 4
- 16+ aged, general public, Norway, 1948
- Survey name:
- Gallup poll
- Probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 0
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question
In general, how happy would you say (that) you are ?
3 very happy
2 fairly happy
1 not very happy/ not at all happy
Originally 4 step scale, 'not at all' scores added to 'not very'
- Answers were scored on a 4 step scale, but in the report the options 'not very happy' and 'not at all happy' were combined. The full scores have not been traced back as yet. Computation of transformed mean and standarddeviation is therefore not possible.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 10%, 2: 54%, 3: 26% (total 90%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10