NIPO (1949): study GB 1948
- Wat de Mensen Gelukkig Maakt. (The Things that Contribute to Happiness).
- De Publieke Opinie, 1949, Vol. 3, 3 - 4
- 18+ aged, general public, United Kingdom, 1948
- Survey name:
- Gallup poll
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 0
- Non Response:
- Interview: telephone (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question
In general, how happy would you say (that) you are ?
3 very happy
2 fairly happy
1 not very happy/ not at all happy
Originally 4 step scale, 'not at all' scores added to 'not very'
- Answers were scored on a 4 step scale, but in the report the options 'not very happy' and 'not at all happy' were combined. The full scores have not been traced back as yet. Computation of transformed mean and standarddeviation is therefore not possible.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 5%, 2: 53%, 3: 39% (total 97%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
- 2.35 -
- 0.58 -