Newport (2002): study SA 2002
- Newport, F.
- Optimism in Nine Predominantly Islamic Countries.
- Gallup Poll News Service, 21 May 2002, Gallup Organization, Washington DC, USA
- 18+ aged, general public, Saudi Arabia, 2002
- Survey name:
- Gallup Poll of Islam
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 754
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
To indicate how you feel about your life at this time, would you use this card? Suppose that the top of the mountain represents the best possible life you can imagine, and the bottom step of the mountain represents the worst possible life you can imagine. On which step of the mountain would you say you personally feel you stand at this time, assuming that the higher the step the better you feel about your life, and the lower the step the worse you feel about it? Just point at the step that comes closest to how you feel.
5 Mountain like graphic scale
- Females interviewed by female interviewer
Non-Arabs excluded (nearly 50% of the adult population).
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%, 6: 0%, 7: 0%, 8: 0%, 9: 0%, 10: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 10 On range 0-10
- 6.60 6.22