Neuberger & Allerbeck (1978): study XZ Germany West 1970
- Neuberger, O.; Allerbeck, M.
- Messung und Analyse von Arbeitszufriedenkeit. (Measurement and Analysis of Satisfaction with Work).
- Hans Huber Verlag, 1978, Bern, Switzerland
- Employees, industry or service sector, Austria and West germany, ±1970
- N = 5592
- Non Response
Most studies used questionnaires, some faca-t-face interviews
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
When you're not only thinking of your job, but of your total present situation (house, prices, health, love, politics, neighbors, etc.), how satisfied are you with your life as-a-whole? Please mark the appropriate face below.
Rated on pictorial scale, consisting of seven smilies, expressing variations from very dissatisfied (a) to very satisfied (g) ( Kunin's 'Faces scale') Pictures not reproduced here).
1 unhappy face
4 neutral face
7 happy face
Item in the "Arbeitsbeschreibungsbogen" (job-description questionnaire).
- Author's label:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 2.7%, 2: 4.3%, 3: 7.9%, 4: 16.1%, 5: 25.3%, 6: 31.2%, 7: 12.4% (total 99.9%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
- 5.00 6.67
- 1.45 -