Myers & Liu (2013): study US 2012
- Myers, R.; Liu, D.
- In U.S. Women Veterans rate Lives better than Men.
- The Gallup Organization, April 2013
- Veterans, United States, 2012
- Survey name:
- Gallup poll
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 48690
- Non Response:
- Interview: telephone (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Male veterans 6.8, Female veterans 6.9
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 6.90 6.90
- - -
Earlier in armed force