Monk et al. (1976): study ZZ Scandinavia 1976
- Monk, A.; Cryns, A.G.; Milbrath, K.
- Personal and Social Value Concerns of Scandinavian Elderly: A Multivariate Study.
- International Journal of Aging and Human Development, 1976, Vol. 7, 221 - 230
- 50+ aged, Denmark, Norway, 1973
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 200
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is a picture of a ladder. Suppose we say that the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you and the bottom represents the worst possible life for you. Where on the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
[ 10 ] best possible life
[ 9 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 6 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ] worst possible life
Preceded by 1) open questions about what the respondent imagines as the best possible life and the worst possible life. 2) ratings on the ladder of one's life five years ago and where on the ladder one expects to stand five years from now.
Name: Cantril's self anchoring ladder rating of life (original)
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 7.51 7.51
- - -